The goal of NLEC Project Renovation is to provide hospitality, comfort, and safety to St. Louis’s neediest and most vulnerable citizens.
Summary of Project:
Project Renovation will enable NLEC to continue to make a difference in the lives of homeless individuals and families along with the working poor that NLEC assists every day. NLEC Project Renovation will increase efficiency of operations and benefit the community for years to come.
NLEC is currently working to raise one million dollars for the NLEC Project Renovation of its headquarters at 1411 Locust Street in Downtown St. Louis.
The main building at 1411 Locust is in need of adequate heating, plumbing, and other necessary repairs in order to provide NLEC clients with adequate safety, comfort and hospitality.
Specific needs that will be addressed by this project are to provide physical improvements as the building is an old historic building in need of upgrades and repairs. Areas needing to be addressed include: Adequate heating, ventilation, plumbing, windows, elevator system, main lobby area, and deteriorating exterior.
The overall objectives of NLEC Project Renovations are to:
- Provide a positive, clean, safe environment that encourages clients toward independence
- Provide adequate heating, cooling, and plumbing systems
- Improve operating efficiency and reduce overall energy consumption
- Repair deteriorating exterior
- Install a new elevator for persons with disabilities
- Improve the overall appearance of the main lobby area
NLEC needs your help in order to accomplish Project Renovation. The overall needs include:
- Financial Support is needed to complete the building renovations: One million dollars must be raised for the renovations. If you would like to donate toward “Project Renovation”, please click here.
- Volunteer support from individuals and church congregations who can directly help with renovation work by “adopting a room” to help renovate. You can contact our Volunteer coordinators at 1-800-334-3276 or click here to learn more.
- Community advocates to speak on behalf of the homeless and working poor in downtown St. Louis.
We invite you to get directly involved with NLEC’s Project Renovation and help make a difference in your community. On behalf of NLEC and the clients we help everyday, we want to say THANK YOU for making a difference in your community!
Donate To Project Renovation
We are pleased to report that with the help of community support, NLEC has already been able to renovate NLEC’s 3rd floor section to create a safe and positive environment for homeless women and children. These renovations have included new paint, new flooring, new beds, laundry and shower access, and a computer room. In addition, NLEC has been able to renovate the basement area into a large Free Store, where homeless and low-income people are able to come and pick out clothing, shoes, toys, and household items for free.